FREE SATELLITE TV WITHOUT THE DISH
How to Watch Satellite TV on a PC
Many HDTVs are now able to access the internet directly, giving them the functionality of a laptop or smart device. These TVs allow you to browse the web, check email, and even stream online content without the need for further equipment. For those HDTVs that do not have the capability to directly connect to the internet, there are now several streaming devices that can be "plugged-in," allowing you to access content online or from a personal smart device. Because many networks, satellite, and cable providers have began to host their programming online, it is now even possible to watch TV without a TV. While there are now many third-party applications that claim to be able to provide "free satellite tv," the majority of these applications, unfortunately, are scams and are entirely unreliable... Watch Out!
Streaming Content to a Personal Smart Device or PC
Make sure your smart device has the most up-to-date operating software.Updates are released frequently, so be sure to update all of your devices before you proceed.
- Devices that have not been updated may not be compatible with devices that have.
Connect to the internet.If you plan on streaming content away from home, all you need to do is make sure that you have a stable and secure internet connection.
Download your cable provider's unique application or visit their website.Each cable and satellite provider has a specific application designed to interface with their network and programming. Individual cable channels also have their own applications available, but like traditional cable, require subscription services.
- Many subscription video on-demand (SVOD) services are becoming available. These SVOD services offer a cheaper alternative to cable or satellite subscription services.
- Popular SVOD providers include: Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime.
Launch the application.At this point you will be asked to either log-in to your account; or to register as a new user. If you have not been previously using any of the on-line services that your cable or satellite provider offers, you will be asked to register for the first time.
- You can choose to store this information in your application so that you do not have to "log-in" each time.
Provide the appropriate information.The application or website may ask you for your local address. This information is often times used to determine which local networks or channels will be made available to you.
Select a channel.Once you have launched the application, logged-in and provided all the pertinent information, you should be able to select from your normal programming schedule. Video quality will be determined by the speed of your internet connection.
- Content can be viewed anywhere there is a stable internet connection.
- Wireless and data rates may be applied when accessing the internet through your smart-device provider.
Streaming Content from a Personal Smart Device to a HDTV with Streaming Device
Connect the personal smart device or PC to the same network as the streaming device.Make sure you have the correct network name and password. Popular streaming devices include:
- Apple TV
- Google Chromecast
- Amazon Fire TV
Set your HDTV to the appropriate "input." This can be determined by taking a note of which input your streaming device is plugged into. Is it plugged into an HDMI port? Which number? USB?
Turn on your streaming device.At this point your screen should no longer be blank, but should now be displaying a "home screen." The type of home screen depends on the make and model of streaming device.
- Some streaming devices, such as Google Chromecast, require you to download an application in order to initially setup and pair the streaming device to your smart device(phone tablet or PC).
- Depending on the make and model of streaming device, you will also have a range of applications that have been pre-loaded on the device itself (e.g., youtube, vimeo, Facebook).
Make sure that network sharing is enabled on your streaming device.The general settings of your streaming device may not be set to allow network sharing from another device.
- Please refer to your specific device's instructional manual regarding 'network sharing.'
Access the general settings on your personal smart device.Once there, use the display settings to determine how you want content to be displayed.
- When "mirroring" is enabled, your HDTV will display everything that can be seen on the screen of the personal device.
Select content on your personal smart device.Content can be provided by a third-party application (such as the one provided by your cable or satellite provider; or an individual cable network application), or found on-line using your web browser.
Stream content to your HDTV by enabling the network streaming icon in your browser or application.This icon can typically be found in the top corner of your browser or media window. When accessed, you will be asked on which screen--personal device or HDTV--you would like the view the content.
Launch the media player on your smart device or PC.If you would like to stream content stored directly on your hard-drive to your HDTV, you can do so using your media player.
- Most up-to-date media players are capable of streaming content from your computer to your HDTV with no additional software or application needed.
- Refer to your media player's specific instructions on how to turn-on "media streaming" features.
- The requirements are really not that high, so if you have a decent computer that's a Pentium 3 or newer you should have no problems.
- Make sure your computer can support the PC satellite TV software.
- Satellite TV Player series recommended.
- There are many scam artists out there trying to sell faulty satellite TV on PC or PC satellite TV software programs. They are really just out to take your money and not provide you with solid software.
Sources and Citations
Categories: | |
In other languages:
Español: , Português: , Deutsch: , Français: , Bahasa Indonesia:
Video: How To Get Free Satellite TV Channels
The Healthy’ Foods Nutritionists Avoid – And The Unhealthy’ Ones They Adore
Boys Mature Sexually Earlier Than Ever Before
The Model with a Rare Disease Redefines the Terms of Beauty
How to Tune PA Monitors
Luxe Vs. Less: BB Creams
The Natural Ingredients Celebrities Swear by to BeatBloat
Uniqlo x Yayoi Kusama T-Shirts
How to Be a Great Husband
The More Muscle Now Workout
DIY Doggie Toothpaste
How to Rent Office Furniture
MAC Venomous Villains Collection
The Byrdie Beauty Recap: This Weeks Need-to-Know
Brock Turners father writes letter