How To NOT Be Boring | 5 Tips To Be More Interesting
How to Not Be Boring With Your Boyfriend
From time to time, you may need to spice up your relationship to keep things exciting, passionate, and interesting! You can do this by going on exciting dates, having interesting conversations, and rekindling your attraction. Think about what your boyfriend loves, and don't be afraid to be yourself!
Sparking Good Conversations with Your Boyfriend
Incorporating Adventure in Your Relationship
Try adrenaline-fueled activities to get out of your comfort zone together.Adrenaline is a chemical that helps us fall in love, so boosting adrenaline can boost your love and excitement. Do activities together that will get your heart racing and your blood pumping!
- Try activities like skydiving, ziplining, and bungee jumping. If you're on a budget, try indoor rock climbing and paintball for inexpensive date ideas, or consider going hiking for free.
Set a goal to try at least 1 new and exciting thing together a month.Sometimes boredom strikes when things cycle in the same routine, so add some excitement to spice things up! You should both commit to seeking new activities, like trying a new recipe or restaurant for date night.
- Try a cuisine neither of you are experienced with. You can find an interesting recipe online or in a cookbook, or make reservations at a new restaurant.
- Other ideas include exploring a nearby city, visiting a museum or art gallery, and attending a sports game together. You can also try going hiking, canoeing, miniature golfing, bowling, or roller skating.
Plan a surprise weekend getaway, if you can.Don't tell your boyfriend where you are going, and just tell him you have a weekend planned for him. Try a staycation for a cheaper budget, or a road trip if you want to see new places! Go camping in state or national parks, or book a hotel room--bonus if it has a hot tub! Getting away from your usual routine will freshen up anything dull.
- Choose somewhere exciting to both of you but where neither of you have traveled before.
- If you aren’t able to spend the whole weekend together, try to just take a day trip adventure!
Connecting Through Conversation
Chat about the beginning of your relationship.Bring up your first date, how you met, and the things you first loved about each other. Simple reminders will trigger your memories. Revisit some of the things attracted you to your boyfriend in the first place, and use these elements to spice up your relationship now.
- For example, maybe you used to always watch the sunset on summer evenings or used to go get ice cream after your soccer game was over. Try to make doing fun and familiar activities a habit again.
Ask each other questions to deepen your connection.Having an open and honest chat will let you learn more about each other and connect deeper. Let your questions lead into interesting and engaging conversations with your boyfriend.
- You can find question ideas online, such as The 36 Questions That Lead to Love, or ask him anything that you’d like to know.
- Ask questions like, “What is your most treasured memory?” and “What, if anything, is too serious to be joked about?”
Hold an exciting conversation about mutually interesting topics.Start off a conversation by telling your boyfriend what’s on your mind or mention something interesting you’ve learned recently. Add interesting details to the conversation. Ask questions to keep the conversation going, and always listen closely to what he has to say.
- Talk about interesting topics, like the news, politics, or recent discoveries. Or, sprinkle in things that interest you, like music, movies, or sports.
- Say something like, "Wow, I never knew you and your dad were so close. My dad used to always take me to baseball games, too."
Read the same book and discuss opinions of the plot and characters.Select a book on a topic you both enjoy, and read it together. After you’ve finished the book, chat about your thoughts. Ask your boyfriend what his favorite part was, and talk about your favorite or least favorite characters. Using the book to start conversation is an easy way to connect with your boyfriend.
- You can go with a book you’re reading for a class in school, one of your childhood favorites, or a new book that just hit the shelves.
- Try a magazine or short story if you don’t want to read a long book.
Pick a new TV show to binge-watch together and talk about the show.These days there are countless interesting shows to stream, so find one you both like and watch a few episodes back-to-back. Then, discuss the show afterwards!
- Try shows in genres you both like, or try a new genre together.
- If you don't have a membership to a streaming service, sign up for a free trial for Hulu or Netflix.
- You can also find a show running back-to-back on cable.
Rekindling Your Passion
Laugh together as often as you can to keep things fun and positive.Find any opportunity to make your boyfriend laugh. Tell your boyfriend a funny joke or a silly story. Watch a funny TV show, a comedy skit, or a humorous movie. Laughter triggers endorphins, and endorphins make you feel good and promote well-being.
Compliment your boyfriend to show him you care.Whether you’ve been together for 2 weeks or 2 years, compliment your boyfriend often so he knows you appreciate him.
- You can say something like, “Wow I love those jeans on you!” or “You’re so smart. I love how you analyze issues so deeply.”
Send flirtatious, naughty text messages.Comment on how great your time together was, or mention how excited you are to see your boyfriend. Give previews of your plans together, like hinting that you bought a new outfit. You could also send racy pictures to your boyfriend to get him even more excited!
Hold hands more often.Whether you are running errands or walking around your neighborhood, hold hands when you can. Physical contact releases a hormone called oxytocin, which increases intimacy and enhances trust.
Touch your boyfriend affectionately.Give your boyfriend a back massage or shoulder rub. You can place your hand on his shoulder, or maybe put your feet over his when you watch TV. Touching each other will increase passion while expressing your love.
Kiss your boyfriend passionately.A kiss can say a thousand words, so show him how much you care by giving him frequent, passionate kisses. You can pair these juicy smooches with softer kisses as well. Kissing also boosts oxytocin, so the more you kiss, the more connected you'll feel!
Set a romantic mood in your bedroom.Light some candles, use silky sheets, and set out some new massage oil. Play romantic music or try some new lingerie. All these elements will set the tone for romance and add some interest to your sex life.
- Always make sure both parties give consent before you try anything new intimately. You want to respect each other’s boundaries while still exploring each other deeper.
QuestionCan I get him a gift, like a watch?Karley SnyderCommunity AnswerSurely! Getting your boyfriend a gift is a nice way to show him you care. Watches make great presents. Pick one out that you think he will really love! Also try giving it to him when you plan a weekend getaway or a date at a new restaurant, for other ideas to make your relationship more exciting.Thanks!
QuestionWhat should I do if my boyfriend is upset with me?Karley SnyderCommunity AnswerFirst, you should identify why he is upset with you. If you did something to upset him, apologize for it and agree to let the problem go. You don't want a grudge to form. Talk about the situation openly and honestly, and don't be afraid to tell him how you feel. He should understand you and work to resolve the problem with you.Thanks!
QuestionWhat should I talk to my boyfriend about? How can I say interesting things so he doesn't break up with me?Karley SnyderCommunity AnswerYou can try asking him questions to get to know each other better. Look up the 36 Questions to Fall in Love for some ideas! You can ask questions like "If you could invite anyone in the world to dinner, who would it be?" or "Would you like to be famous? In what way?" Use these questions to fuel your conversations. Ask follow-up questions to his responses, and add in your answers to the questions too. This will create an interesting, meaningful discussion.Thanks!
QuestionWhat if my boyfriend is boring?Karley SnyderCommunity AnswerIf you think your boyfriend is the boring one, you can still connect emotionally, be spontaneous, and rekindle your passion together. All of these tips can help create a dynamic relationship. Try suggesting an exciting date night activity, or surprise him with a weekend getaway. If you show your boyfriend how interesting you are, maybe he'll be more comfortable being himself too!Thanks!
Sources and Citations
In other languages:
Español: , Italiano: , Português: , Русский: , Français: , Deutsch: , Bahasa Indonesia: , العربية: , Nederlands:
Video: #1 Secret To Talking To A Girl (and not boring her!)
Your September Sex Horoscope: This Will Be A Passionate AF Month
Strobing: The Easy Makeup Trend That’s TakingOver
Jodi Kantor, Irin Carmon, Kim Masters helped expose sexual harassment
How to reduce various hair problems with homemade fruit hair packs
How to Quote on Reddit
South Korean Study Suggests Autism Rate May Be Much Higher
How to Care for a Burst Blister
The best way to de-stress and reduce anxiety, based on your star sign
Diabetes and A Sensible Weight-Loss Plan
Lily Donaldson Fashion
Could Wine Treat Depression This Study Thinks So