Vegetable Noodle Soup Recipe - Veg Noodles Soup
How to Make Soup With Noodles Like Ramen
Love the taste and texture of noodles like ramen, but want more variety? Love the convenience, but want freshness and nutrition? Love the price, but want something fancier? Turn them into a delicious soup--and clean out some odds and ends from your fridge--with a few simple additions.
Decide whether to cook the noodles in the broth, or separately.
- Cooking the noodles in the broth adds flavor and thickness from starch and a little oil to the broth, and adds flavor from the broth to the inside of the noodles. If you like that, just cook the noodles in the usual manner substituting improved broth for water. But, if some part of the soup such as big or tough vegetables or meat requires extended cooking time, add the noodles to the broth three to five minutes before it will be done so they don't overcook.
- Cooking the noodles out of the broth avoids masking delicate flavors with starch and oil. Make Ramen Noodles the usual way, preferably right before the broth will be done, discard the water, and add the noodles to the broth when it's done. The amount of broth to make separately from noodles is up to you, but you may want to use less liquid than normally recommended because cooked noodles will not absorb much more liquid.
Enhance the broth base.Try meat bouillon (broth) from a can or reconstituted from a dehydrated cube or packet. There are also vegetable broths some of which taste like chicken broth.
Or, don't use a broth and just add soup-type toppings on top of the noodles.For that, you could Use a Microwave or steam the toppings, or boil them in minimal water, to avoid leaching out their vitamins (but make sure meat is cooked thoroughly). Or, Sauté them (adds some fat and a more-cooked outside texture and flavor). You could also add some cheap, strong flavorings to the boiling water for the noodles to absorb into them, such as the seasoning packet, chili, or soy sauce.
Add other items.Cut them into bite-size pieces, small and across the grain if fibrous. They will cook by boiling, but you can Sauté some or all of them and add them to the soup for different texture and flavor.
Add vegetables.Canned, frozen or otherwise pre-cooked vegetables should be cooked as little as possible; add them once everything else is hot. Firm vegetables should be cut thin to speed cooking, and fibrous vegetables should be cut for easy eating. Some popular choices are:
- Bell peppers
- Bamboo shoots
- Chopped Lemongrass, especially with seafood
Add meat.The pieces should be bite-size and thin so they are tender and certain to cook thoroughly by boiling a few minutes. Some popular choices are:
- Baby clams
- Dried baby shrimp
- Asian beef meatballs
- Salmon (available canned)
- Tuna (widely available canned)
Add other sources of protein.Especially if you're a Vegetarian.
- Eggs (fried, dropped in, or stirred in)
- Grated cheese, especially cheddar, Colby, or Colby-Jack. Try it as a topping.
- Vegetarian imitation bacon bits.
Add herbs and spices.Be careful if you're also using the spices that come with ramen noodles, because those can be very hot already. Give anything dehydrated a chance to rehydrate rather than just sprinkling it on top, which would leave it hard and difficult to taste at first. Some popular choices are:
- Hot sauce
- Lemon juice (try it with hot sauce for a flavor like hot and sour soup)
- Soy sauce
- Old Bay (don't add much; it's largely salt)
- Peanut butter (preferably unsweetened)
- For American-style noodles, ranch dressing (available in a light style) or butter adds creaminess. These would be best without a broth.
Dress up the food with fancy presentation.Try small bowls, chopsticks, and big Asian soup spoons.
Garnish with colorful small tender vegetables and herbs suitable for eating raw.Some popular choices are:
- Bean sprouts
- Decorative spices and herbs such as slices of hot peppers and basil leaves.
Video: "Vegetable Noodle Soup" | Noodle Soup Recipe | Veg Noodles - Indian Vegetarian Recipe
Discover the 3 catwalk-inspired hair looks you’ll be asking for this summer
Mediterranean Beef Stew
How to Take a Screenshot on a Mac
Vicks Nature Fusion Cough Reviews
13 Best Swimsuits for Big Busts
7 Most Effective Products to Prevent and Repair Split Ends
5 Fresh Ideas For Watermelon
12 Remedies For Nail Discoloration
It Looks Like J.Lo Is Planning a 3 Million Wedding
14 Ridiculously Tasty, Low-Sugar Quick Breads And Spreads
Bottega Veneta Fall 2019 RTW Line’s Revolutionary Elegance