The Casades Listen to the Rhythm of the Falling Rain
How to Enjoy the Falling Rain
Open the window in rainy weather.Lie down and let the sound of the rain soothe you. If it is bedtime, drift asleep to the sound of the rain.
Keep warm in colder weather.Don't open the window unless it is bearable; instead, cuddle up under your favorite quilt or blankets and listen to the sound of the rain on the roof. Yes, turn the TV off!
Focus on your senses.Watch the raindrops as they create puddles, listen to the different tones, from the white noise of distant rain to the more melodic large drops that hit puddles when running off the roof. Especially breathe deep, taking in the freshness of the air that only a fresh rainfall provides.
Take children out in the rain in their rubber boots and raincoats.Let them splash around in the puddles and rain (Bring your own rubber boots and join in if you want to feel like a kid again). They can take their rubber ducks and bath toys with them, or they can try to spot where the animals have hidden from the rain (birds, squirrels, possums etc., whatever your part of the world has). If you have an anthill nearby, let them investigate what the ants are doing. Ask them if the ants come into your house earlier to warn you the rain was coming?
Take out some time from work or play to watch the rain falling through your windows.Relax and breathe deeply. Ask others to appreciate the rain with you.
Cook your favorite meal that you associate with rainy days.It'll bring back memories and cheer you up.
Do all those things you said you'd save until a rainy day.Get out the old puzzles and games; finish that long-forgotten sewing or woodwork project; read that novel; dance with your loved one on the living room floor.
Go on an indoor outing like the cinema or a restaurant.Apart from needing to take an umbrella or raincoat, once you're indoors again, you'll forget about the weather and you won't regret wasting sunshine.
Drink hot tea and enjoy the sipwith your near and dear ones.
QuestionHow can I keep children entertained on a rainy day?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerIf the weather isn't cold and there is no danger of the child/children getting sick, it can be fun to bundle them up in raincoats and rain boots and let them splash around in the rain. If they are to be kept indoors, however, you can entertain them with games, puzzles and toys, as well as their favorite TV shows and movies.Thanks!
QuestionCould I play in the mud in heavy rain?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYes, go ahead! However, damp clothes can be uncomfortable, so be sure to take them off when you get home.Thanks!
Ask a Question
200 characters left
Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered.
- Some activities in the rain are amazing but often not considered. Try swimming in the rain (warm weather rain); horse-riding in the rain (soft rain); hiking in the rain in a forest that soaks it all up (warm weather), Canoeing/kayaking in the rain on a calm river etc. Be creative in finding ways to enjoy the rain.
- If you're driving, slow down. Your reaction time is doubled in the rain, with the impaired sight and the brakes having to work on wet ground. Allow for others who haven't slowed down.
- You could try an experiment with the rain. If you are that bored, be creative and come up with an experiment.
- If you are stressed on a rainy day, a way to relax is just lying down on a couch or sofa and listening to the rain beating down on your roof.
- The perfect opportunity to spend time with your family is a rainy day! Have fun with them!
- Arts and crafts with your kids are always fun. And if you're not the artsy type, have a family day. Spend time with your family.
- Open your windows a little sit on a chair or on a part of the window where you can sit and just read a good book. Romance novels are great for this.The Last Song and Dear John by Nicholas Sparks are great too.
- If you're out walking in the rain without an umbrella or a raincoat, take shelter in the nearest doorway or store. If you can't and you get thoroughly wet, change your clothes as soon as you are able. However, you are not more liable to catch a cold in these weather conditions, despite common misconception, because colds are caused by infection and not affected by weather.
- A family game night is a fun way to enjoy rain while not getting drenched outside.
- If you're going to be in the the rain for extended periods, consider wearing a raincoat and other waterproof clothing.
- If you're swimming in the rain (as suggested above), get out at the first sound of thunder. Electricity can travel a great distance through water, making lightning super dangerous to swimmers.
- If you're enjoying the rain outside in warmer weather (hiking, riding, etc.) it normally gets extremely humid after the rain stops, especially in a forest.
- If it is a storm of thunder and lightning, don't stand under trees or metal objects (like park gazebos), as these could attract the lightning to you. Don't be the tallest object in a field, either! Keep lower than other objects around you. Cars are actually quite safe in storms, at least lightning-wise. Careful driving still required!
Video: Relax and enjoy the rain falling on the little pond
How to Fast During Ramadan (for Kids)
How to Draw Lucius Malfoy
Tag: Straight Hairstyles
Save Your Marriage In One Step
Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show 2019 To Take Place in Shanghai
WCW: Cindy Crawford
Victoria Beckham has (finally) announced a high-street collaboration
This Is What Its Like To Love An Alcoholic
Rachel Bilson to design for DKNY
The Ultimate Visual Guide to This Summers Best Produce
How to Make Leather Vambraces
How to Get Rid of Sunspots
Watch Pink and her daughter sing a song from The Greatest Showman
Chloë, Keira and Co. Sell Their Clothes
Date: 06.12.2018, 10:16 / Views: 35551